ALT Notes is...

a place for wide-ranging ideas on team-teaching, lesson planning, activities, strategies and teaching know-how for foreign and Japanese EFL teachers.
Have an idea to share? Email me, or start a conversation by leaving a comment.

April 28, 2009

The Life Long Learning Skills

Following is a list of the communication and life-long learning skills that are I use in my classes. They are based on my own experience of learning 3 foreign languages, study, and helping students become conversationally fluent. These skills are used in almost every activity on the Ready-Set-GO! English and www.conversationalfluency.com sites.
-Listen & Repeat (L & R)- repeat word-for-word the previously spoken English.
-Say the Same Sentence- repeat word-for-word the previously spoken sentence.
-Repeat the Same Question- repeat word-for-word the previously spoken question.
-Say Another Sentence- change one or more words in a previously spoken sentence (ex. I have a fish. -> I have a brother.)
-Ask Another Question- change one or more words in a previously spoken question (ex. Do you have a sister? -> Do you have a brother?)
- + Not- Repeat a previous sentence, question or command with not (don’t, can’t, haven’t, etc.) added.
-A + 1 Answer- Use a 2-part answer (ex. Do you have a blue pen? -->No, I don’t. I have a red pen.)
-Q + 1 Question- After another student’s answer, ask a related, follow-up question (ex. Q-Do you have a sister? A-Yes, I do. Q + 1- What is your sister’s name?)
-Pardon?- Asking for the previously spoken English to be repeated again. And, the English being repeated again.

No comments: